There are two ways to purchase Young Living Essential Oils: as a retail customer or as a wholesale member.
- Purchasing a Starter Kit will allow you to be both a wholesale member and an independent distributor. There is absolutely no requirement to sell; the Premium Starter Kit option simply allows you to have the ability to sell should you choose to do so.
- Receive 24% off retail price for all oils and products.
- Receive access to the exclusive Essential Rewards program.
- To keep your account active, you must spend a minimum of 50PV (usually equal to $50) per year. Purchasing a starter kit satisfies these requirements for the first year. There is no penalty for letting your account go inactive if you choose not to renew. Should you decide not to keep your account active, you can reactivate at any time. Think of it like a Sam’s Club or Costco membership: you pay for membership to get discounts all year long. Just like either of those memberships, it pays for itself.
- There is no purchase necessary to sign up as a retail customer, but retail customers do not receive the 24% discount or have access to the Essential Rewards program.
Simple. Honest. Essential. suggests signing up as a wholesale member for the discounts and opportunity for rewards. We have never signed anyone up as a retail customer, simply because it doesn’t feel right to encourage someone to pay full price. Should you choose to sign up as a retail customer, we would be thrilled if you clicked “order” at the top of the page and signed up under us. We would love to help you however we can and assist you in your oily journey. You can become a wholesale member at any time.
For the purposes of this tutorial, we will walk you through ordering a Premium Starter Kit since we believe that is is the best and most cost effective way to become a Young Living member. You can click here to order or click “order” in the navigation bar at the top of the page.
1. The screen above will appear. Make sure the box next to “member” is checked. Under “Membership Details” you can change your country and language if necessary. On the right hand side “4087903” will appear as your Sponsor ID and Enroller ID. This means that you have chosen to sign up under us! Finally, click “Continue.”
2. A white box will pop up asking you to confirm that you have selected Rachel Kocurek as your sponsor and enroller. We are so excited to assist you along your oily journey! Click “Continue” to confirm.
3. The next screen will take you through the process of selecting your Premium Starter Kit. It will automatically default to the Premium Starter Kit with the Dew Drop diffuser. If you would like a different diffuser, you can click the one you like to select it. If you are interested in a different starter kit, use the three grey tabs to navigate through the options.
4. Scroll down to “Step 2: Set Up Your Monthly Order.” This step is completely optional. As a member you are able to participate in Essential Rewards, a program that offers multiple ways to save money and earn free oils. For more information about Essential Rewards, you can read our post about the program and its benefits here. If you would like to enroll in Essential Rewards, simply select the kit you would like. To confirm that you are choosing to enroll in Essential Rewards, check the box in the grey rectangle. You can easily enroll at another time. To decline, simply keep scrolling.
5. If you would like to add other products to your cart, this is the time. Select “Add more products.” To continue the checkout process, select “Next.”
6. When you hit “Next,” a white box will pop up confirming that you are choosing not to enroll in Essential Rewards. Select “continue enrollment” to continue the checkout process.
7. The next screen asks you to enter your personal information. Please enter an email address that you check often. Young Living does not send spam or advertisements via email. This is the email address that they will use to send you shipping and tracking information.
8. As you scroll down, you will be asked to create a 4 digit PIN number. Select a series of numbers that you will remember, as you will need this to sign in, retrieve a forgotten password, or contact customer service.
9. “Commission Processing Information” offers three options. Giving your social security number is completely optional. Should you choose to sell Young Living products down the line, they will need it for tax purposes. You may choose not to give your social security number by selecting the first option.
10. At the bottom of the page you will be asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions. Make sure that you check the corresponding box and then select “Agree and Continue.”
11. The fourth page will ask for your shipping and billing information. After you have entered your information, select “Next.”
12. Finally, you will be taken to a confirmation screen. Scroll down and click the green button to confirm and finalize your order. This button is small and can be easy to miss. Many people don’t realize that there is one final step and their order does not go through. To double check that you have successfully placed your order, check for the confirmation email. We suggest leaving Young Living’s website up and opening a new window to check your email.
13. When you sign up with Simple. Honest. Essential. we will receive an email from Young Living letting us know that you ordered. We will contact you shortly to check in, welcome you, and let you know that we will be sending some resources and literature your way!