If you haven't tried adding essential oils to your food or beverages, you're missing out. Young Living released a line of Vitality oils, essential oils that are specially labeled as safe to ingest. These bottles can be easily spotted thanks to their white labels. Don't worry, these oils aren't any different from your favorites. The only difference is the user-friendly label. Another perk of the Vitality oils is that they are sold in 5ml bottles. This means that you can snatch up your favorites without breaking the bank. Since you only need 1-3 drops for most recipes, one bottle will last you a long time. I love Vitality oils because I don't always have fresh citrus on hand or want to buy expensive herbs and spices for just one recipe.
As the seasons change, so do our drink choices. While I enjoy a fruity cocktail in the summer, the cooler months are all about beverages featuring spirits that will warm me up from the inside out. Don't be afraid to change up the spirits to suit your taste. I love a good brandy old fashioned! Grab your favorite cozy blanket, get the fireplace going, and enjoy a drink with loved ones this holiday season.
Apple Cider Hot Toddy
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 ounces brandy
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange wedge
- 1-2 drops Clove Vitality Essential Oil
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, combine 2 cups of apple cider, 2 cinnamon sticks, and an orange wedge.
- Allow the mixture to come to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Stir in 1-2 drops of Clove Vitality essential oil.
- Pour 1 ounce of brandy in each mug, top with spiced cider mixture, and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 drop Orange Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 dashes bitters
- Splash of water
- Add 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 drop Orange Vitality, 2 dashes bitters, and a splash of water to an old fashioned glass and muddle.
- Add ice and Bourbon. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a cherry if desired.