Hello readers of Simple. Honest. Essential. blog. I am Jenny Temcio (sounds like Tem-ko) from the blog Jenny at Dapperhouse. I have a healthy family lifestyle blog that has everything from kids crafts and family friendly recipes to fitness and beauty tips for mom. Mostly I focus on health, wellness and living your best life.
One of the things I love about blogging is meeting so many wonderful people and finding new blogs. Simple. Honest. Essential and Jenny at dapperhouse found each other and we decided that it would be fun to collaborate on guest posts. Today I am going to share with you a salad that is honestly and truthfully a family favorite at our house. I really do hope that you will make it because it is easy, fun, delicious and healthy!!
Shredded Cucumber Salad with Edamame
What you need:
- 1 large cold cucumber
- 2 med sized carrots
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1 cup cooked and cooled edamame beans
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- Juice from a fresh lemon
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- 1 TBS sesame seeds
- 1 cup of your favorite vinaigrette salad dressing (chilled)
How to make:
1. Use a kitchen tool that shreds the veggies into strips or spirals. Shred the cucumber and the carrots.
2. Sprinkle in the chia and sesame seeds.
3. Add the kale, edamame and green onion.
4. Drizzle with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
5. Drizzle with the vinaigrette dressing.
6. Mix until everything is evenly coated.
7. Serve immediately.
Thank you so much for lending me some time today to share my recipe with you. I know that you will continue making this family pleasing salad for a long time. I am excited to share the delish breakfast recipe guest post from Simple. Honest. Essential. on my blog. Come on over to check it out at Jenny at dapperhouse.
Pin this one for later: